Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom. You are never forgotten...

Its the eve of my biological mothers birthday and I'm finding myself overwhelmed with emotions. I miss her. I wonder what it would have been like having her here today. I know she would be proud of her grand kids and the life I have made for myself. However I can't help but remind myself that because of her I have this comfy life and that maybe this all would be different. Better or worse I don't know. I find that as I have gotten older I think about her more often and wonder about all the "What could have beens" Theres times in my life that make me stop and think about her. I wonder if I look like her(i have been told yes) I wonder if we think similar. Like the same things etc...I just wish I had the opportunities with her that I have had with my kids. I can't imagine my kids not having there mother around. I hope they never have to experience that and that we can grow old together. I hope to live a long life. I hope that my kids know they are loved and cherished. Theres a reason for my life being as is today and my past being as it is. I have learned alot from the present and the past. One thing I know today is that I want to cherish my time with my kids because we are never promised another day. I will never forget you momma you will always be apart of me however little time we had. Your spirit lives in me and I will never forget you. I love my kids as I dreamed you would have loved me if you were here today. I love you. Happy Birthday Mom

2 comments:

  1. Your mom loves you. She is who you are. You are her. You have gone through so much in your life and you have marched right on. You are still healing. I can't put down here what I really want to say, you probably can guess. After all of the madness and cruelty, you have more love in your heart than anyone I know. Your mom is watching and smiling with you and Sean and the kids. After all, as they say, love is all there is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lynn! You have a mountain of love! Your dad said that you were your mama's world. She loved you so much and she would have been so in love with your kids!! Your dad and I are so proud of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete