Sunday, August 22, 2010

The last fling


Its Sunday night and the kids start school in two days. This was our last weekend of summer! We spent the weekend doing baseball/softball, daddy worked,and momma had two weddings to attend. We had a bonfire tonight at the bells just between our two families. Its always refreshing to have our families together. I brought some green zebra tomatoes over from my garden and a card "thanking" them for being such selfless people in our lives. I wanted them to know how much they mean to our family. Its been a great summer of lots of great memories and I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way.

Besides our bonfire we had the opportunity to talk and remind each other about what it takes to be a friend, and good spouse. These are one of many reason why these people mean so much. They challenge me to be a better friend, and partner. They don't judge me or make me feel badly for poor choices. We appreciate each other and never expect anything. We respect each others relationships with there partners and there friendships with others. Its a love fest!!!

Monday is meet and greet for Gabby. We will be dropping off school supplies, checking out the classroom and of course seeing who is in her class. She is very excited. Monday night is games for both and then back to the bedtime rules.
Tuesday is there first full day of school. Zachary's first time on a bus and in "real" school. My daughter is officially a 5Th grader and my son is a kindergartner. Time sure has flown by and I can't believe this summer is already over.

Here's to a great school year for both!

No comments:

Post a Comment