Friday, August 13, 2010

No its mine, no ITS MINE, I'm telling....

So its getting to the point in the summer were the kids need to get back to school and mommy needs HER time. They are hard to keep happy these days and I think its the lack of structure. Good thing school starts in about a week. I love my kids but HOLY CRAP can they be annoying.

We spent the day at Cyprus Cove. It was so hot and I couldn't believe how quickly we dried off after being soaked. Just as soon as I would sit back down to read my book for a bit, I would have to get back up and cool myself off with a little dip. I gave up the reading after while and just soaked in the water. The kids had a great time but after a few hours of being there we were all ready to go home. It was horribly crowded and very hot. Good times though.

As I sit here and reflect on our summer I feel like its been so busy and has gone by so fast. I can barely remember the month of June at all. I feel like its been a blur but I guess that means its been busy and fun or maybe just busy. Either way its been a great summer of memories. I watched my good friends son most of the summer and had my sister and step sister here regularly so there was a constant commotion in our house. However I did have several days to myself when Eric would take the kids or when they spent sometime at grandma Patti's house. The kids had there sports as well. Spring soccer for both, and even mommy got to play some softball this summer. I really missed softball. I have lost almost 30lbs and feel alot better these days. I have alot of work ahead of me but I'm on my way. Soccer ended and we had some time off until softball/baseball started. Now we are doing that and will be mixing in dance squad, and voice lessons as well. Gabby got her acceptance letter for dance squad today. She was super excited! The kids are so lucky to have all these experiences. I hope they know that.

Sean has been busy at work hoping for his own store. Seems like we have been "hoping" for this for a very long time considering his retail journey started at Best Buy in 1993. Its had its ups and downs and sometimes I wish he would go back to school and head another direction but I stop myself and remember to be thankful he has a job, he likes what he does for the most part seems to be happy and good at it. That's all that should matter. Most people don't like what they do or don't even have a job at this point. Life is good.

Last but not least Momma. AKA, entertainer, chauffeur, cleaning lady, nurse, oh hell never mind I do really love what I do but I tell you its the most underpaid job in the world! I have been busy raising kids, being a friend, and amazing spouse. Its hard to run it all at the same time but somehow us women are pretty amazing and can get the job done and do it well for that matter. I have recently taken some time for myself in the last few months. I'm concentrating on my health and making myself feel better. The journey has been tough, at times frustrating, but all in all I have accomplished losing 28lbs. I have so much more to go but I feel I'm on the right path. My current weight has slowed down but that's because of the lack of exercise i have done. I have been fluctuating gaining and losing weight for a good month at least but since i like to keep it "real" I haven't been sticking to my exercise routine and I haven't been eating the best or drinking water as I had in the past. Sometimes you fall, but picking yourself up and moving forward again is the goal and that's what I keep reminding myself everyday. It was alot easier working out with someone. I had that unknown accountability. I relied on that other persons strength to get me going but I think that's also a bad thing as well. I need to know I can do this on my own too. Either way I need to get back on that road again and I look forward to that routine. I will get there again. I have worked too hard to be where I'am today to give up now. I'm a fighter!

Well its felt great to express things that go on in my head on here and I look forward to keeping this updated. Hopefully I can add this into my other many tasks. I'm blessed with a beautiful life and I thank God for it as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment